- 1 Blogging After Dark !
- 2 How I Will Help You
- 3 Claim A Free Consultation
- 4 What We Will Discuss
- 5 Choose Your Online Strategy
- 6 Affiliate Marketing
- 7 Network Marketing – Choosing A Company
- 8 My Story Started A Long Time Ago…
- 9 Several Headaches Later……
- 10 The Fruits Of My Learning
- 11 Joy Healey The Offline Person!
Blogging After Dark !
Are you trying to start an online business part-time? If so, I can really relate to your challenges – because I run my online business alongside a busy off-line business.
My online business goal is to provide a supplementary income for my retirement, to maintain the very comfortable lifestyle I have now.
If work from my offline clients is “all done and dusted” I can spend more time developing my online business – but when my offline clients send me work I have to put them first. Because they pay me very well 🙂
So you’ll find me Blogging After Dark…. when most sane people are asleep, watching TV, or enjoying a social life.
Starting an online business in your spare time CAN be done. It’s harder, but on the other hand you probably have the security of an income, so can divert some of that into paid resources / training to work smart rather than hard.
Follow my progress, on this blog, and I’ll tell you what has and hasn’t worked for me, so you can avoid my mistakes.
How I Will Help You
My name is Joy Healey and you can read more about me as a person, and how I got into Internet Marketing, further down.
But for readers in a hurry, wondering what they will find on this blog, my main aim is to prevent newcomers to online business from making the mistakes I made getting online.
If you will let me, I can save you:
Claim A Free Consultation
I made more than my fair share of mistakes; YOU needn’t! For subscribers who have (or choose to) request free information on the Internet Marketing topic that most interests you, I offer a free consultation / coaching call on your chosen topic:
- When taking any business online let me help you avoid the hurdles that tripped me up. I offer a 30 minute free consultation to get to know your needs. Learn more and contact me here.
- Any business can benefit from a well-maintained blog – we’ll talk about the best way for YOU to have one. Here you can download my free eBook on Building a Blog
- OR – if you really don’t want a blog
- Are you maintaining a list of the email addresses of your customers and prospects so that you can promote your products even if they don’t buy from you on the first site visit? If not – I can help with this: Learn about email Marketing Services. Hint: it’s easier to make a repeat sale to a happy existing client than to find a new one.
Whatever your industry, the skills I have learned in a life-time of self-employment and years of online business are transferable. So take advantage of my online experiences and training. If I don’t know to do something – I have trusted colleagues to turn to for solutions and will be happy to point you in their direction.
What We Will Discuss
First we need to establish what type of online business you want to run. I run online businesses in two areas:
- Affiliate Marketing
- Network Marketing
I have years of experience in both of these business models – some of it good and some of it bad, so I want to pass that info on in a free half hour consultation with YOU.
While both of these are great models when done ethically, many people – including me, in the past, have had challenges.
Why am I offering a free consultation? Because I hate to see what can be a life-changing industries tarnished because so many fail. Anything I can do to help reduce failure rates of online businesses will help the whole industry’s reputation.
Choose Your Online Strategy
From bitter experience I know what makes a program good and if Network Marketing is NOT for you, we can discuss the Affiliate Marketing option. Best learn the pitfalls of both up front, before before wasting time and money going down a route where you will fail.
In your free half-hour coaching call we can discuss what is right for YOU as you start your online business.
Follow the instructions and contact me here to request your free consultation.Boost your online business with a free consultation here Click To Tweet
This has been my preferred route for earning an extra income online since I produced my own product and realized exactly how much time and effort is involved – over and over again!
I much prefer to promote a professionally produced product where the main (and technical) work has been done for me, leaving me to concentrate on the promotion – which I would have to do for my own product in any case!
Affiliate marketing is largely related to digital products (eBooks and training courses). If you prefer the idea of a physical product, Network Marketing may be the choice for you. Whichever you prefer, it’s important to be realistic and choose the right business for your time and finance available.
My chosen affiliate program supplies content marketing for my blog and social media accounts. Learn about my Content Marketing Solution here.
Network Marketing – Choosing A Company
It’s not for everybody, but Network Marketing has been a model that’s produced me the good returns over time – mainly because my online business is part-time, and I’m not good with technical stuff, so I like a “Done For You” business.
I have joined a few Network Marketing (MLM) companies. In some I have been very successful, but – being honest – I failed with the majority of them. This wasn’t because the products were bad, it was, quite simply that they didn’t fit into the time and / or budget I had available.
I had given up on the idea of success with an MLM business – which was a shame, because in its purest form, network marketing is a superb, low-risk way to start a home business, part-time or full-time.
Then I was introduced to a business that solved all the problems I’d found before and – most importantly of all – (a) no monthly auto-ships (b) recruiting is completely optional, so it fits perfectly alongside my other family and business commitments.
Click here to learn how to open an asset based business (affiliate link) that can grow from a small base, and with the option to learn a new skill.
Below is a little about “me”, the person behind (or in front of!) the business.
My Story Started A Long Time Ago…
My business story, that is! It’s too long a story to tell in full, but here are the main milestones:
- I have been self-employed in the Information Technology industry for over 30 years now, as director of a software development company which, to this day, supports clients with bespoke software.
- My very first software client is still a happy customer, and that business runs along well without too much intervention – leaving me to pursue other interests, one of which was complementary therapy, and – in particular – migraine.
- I got so fascinated by all the different ways to prevent and treat migraine that I wrote an eBook on the subject – and decided to sell it online – like you do, before you realize “It’s not as easy as that!”
Several Headaches Later……
To cut a VERY long story short, selling my complementary health eBook online wasn’t the “walk in the park” I imagined it would be, even with all my years in the computer industry! But I did it, because I’m such a glutton for punishment.
After this experience I decided to concentrate on affiliate marketing, because – to be completely honest – even when I’d “put my all” into producing the eBook, there were better ones available!
If I had realized the importance of investing in training, I would have got started online faster than “teaching myself”.
- During my “fight to get online” I made so many mistakes I still can’t believe I didn’t just “give up”. But I’m far too stubborn for that… and I learned such a lot.
- I’m still learning, because the best Internet Marketers agree that, as in life, if you stop learning, you slip backwards.
- Of course it’s easier for me now, because over the years I have built up a network of trusted colleagues that I can turn to for help.
- In recent months I am proud to have been featured on these other blogs.
The Fruits Of My Learning
So… after a few false starts, I have put together everything I learned over the last few years starting an online business, and the businesses on this page are my main path for 2019 and beyond.
The final one I want to present to you is Internet Marketing training. If you are new to online business you may have been mis-led to thinking online marketing is easy, but I’m here to tell you it isn’t!
For as little as $30 (higher levels of training are available) you can learn the skills of Internet marketing (affiliate marketing and/or network marketing) AND have a valuable program that you can sell to other marketers.
Joy Healey The Offline Person!
That was “Joy Healey the business-person”, now I’d like to introduce you to “the real Joy Healey”.
- I live in the beautiful city of Norwich, UK and have two sons, two grand-daughters and three grand-dogs Bailey (shown on on the left), Bella and Dog-Dog.
- My elder son, Russ, is the computing genius who helps my business by rescuing me when technology gets the better of me – all too often! He has an IT degree and worked for 7 years as a network support engineer for a major international company until redundancy struck. He is now pursuing his own business, and supporting mine!
- My younger son, Matt, has a successful property business. He keeps my house comfortable, looking just the way I want it – and in good repair.
- I’m blessed that they both have lovely ladies who let me share in their lives.
- I also have two beautiful grand-daughters (right)
- In my personal life I’m a confirmed workaholic, but very undomesticated round the house.
- I enjoy good food, good wine and….. CHOCOLATE!
- In my state of semi-retirement, I’m a member of the Norwich University of the Third Age described as “for people no longer in full time employment”. We have courses in Arts, Music, Current Events, Psychology, Languages, Yoga, Maths and even Computing for Beginners. Russ sometimes threatens to enrol me for that one!
- My other hobbies are Line-dancing, which is great fun. Our brand of line-dancing isn’t “yee-hah” with thumbs in belts. We go for a “sparkly” style which is much more fun. I like getting dressed up in my glitz
- I love reading – crime fiction mostly
So there’s a whirl-wind tour of my life and “out-of-working-hours” interests to date. No wonder I hardly ever get to bed before 2am. You can usually find me “Blogging After Dark“.
Before you go, remember to contact me and suggest convenient times for your free half hour consultation. Talk soon!