Jim Rohn on Goal Setting
When you start an online business, however keen you are to “just get going” you will benefit from some “goal setting”. If you don’t know where you’re going, how will you know when you’ve got there – or even what route to take? But there’s no need to over-complicate it.
Here’s what the late great Jim Rohn has to say about goal setting.
It’s simple – ASK!
Listen, below, to Jim Rohn’s simplified 6 minute strategy for goal setting.
Have you written your goals down lately?
I’ll confess – my goal setting has slipped a little of late, so, publicly I’ll set down what I am “Asking” for, otherwise stated as WHY I am working on my online business. I am asking for:
- Enough spare income to ditch the work I DON’T like, in favor of what I DO like
- Enough money to pay for the gardener to come every week 🙂
- Enough money to have my hair done every week!
- Enough money to have a regular, relaxing spa treatment
- Enough money to make life easier (not easy!) for my sons and their families
- Enough money to increase my current charitable givings
- Enough spare time that I can hire someone to take over some of the routine tasks in my business and free me up to write more
- Enough spare time to sit and read for, say, an hour every night
- Enough spare time to do more exercise (blush)
- Enough spare time that I can visit my family more often without worrying that “things” are running OK without me
(Yes, I know I’m supposed to make these more specific by adding dates and amounts. The specifics are in my own private spreadsheet!)
Not fancy enough for you? No problem – design your OWN list. That’s the beauty of the process. Just because YOU want a fancy car and a house with a swimming pool doesn’t mean I do.
Too “money-based”? That’s because I am blessed to have an ample supply of most of the resources that many people don’t have. I have a flying start, and I’m grateful for it.
What Resources Do I Already Have?
I’m blessed with health and a loving family who are supportive of what I’m aiming for (even if they don’t really understand my “why” – see above for that).
- I have a computer
- An Internet connection
- A few dollars left at the end of each month to put to work in my business
- A few hours beyond my regular “day jobs” so that I can build my business instead of watching TV!
- One hell of a stubborn streak!
So go ahead – ask away, either privately, or share your goals below.