- 1 Blogging After Dark !
- 2 How I Will Help You
- 3 Joy Healey – “Part-time Business” Consultant
- 4 Claim A Free Consultation
- 5 What We Will Discuss
- 6 Choose Your Online Strategy
- 7 Affiliate Marketing
- 8 Learn Internet Marketing
- 9 Network Marketing – Choosing A Company
- 10 Retirement Savings Plan
- 11 Joy Healey – Author
- 12 Joy Healey on Amazon
- 13 My Story Started A Long Time Ago…
- 14 Several Headaches Later……
- 15 Joy Healey The Offline Person!
Blogging After Dark !
Are you trying to start an online business part-time? If so, I can really relate to your challenges – because I run my online business alongside a busy off-line business.
My name is Joy Healey and you can read more about me as a person, and how I got into Internet Marketing, further down.
My online business goal is to provide a supplementary income for my retirement, to maintain the comfortable lifestyle I have now.
When work from my offline clients is “all done and dusted” I can spend more time developing my online business – but when my offline clients send me work I have to put them first. Because they pay me very well 🙂
So you'll find me Blogging After Dark…. when most sane people are asleep, watching TV, or enjoying a social life. I guess my blog kept alive my childhood dreams of being a writer. Goal accomplished late 2019 – see below.
How I Will Help You
My main aim is to prevent newcomers to online business from making the mistakes I made getting online.
Is that YOU? Or – if you're not new to online business, perhaps you have spent many years trying to ‘make it' but still struggling.
It's not your fault, you have probably been lied to.
What I will tell you is that you can't make it alone. You need help from people who have also been where you are now and made it through the struggles.
If you will let me, I can save you:
Joy Healey – “Part-time Business” Consultant
You CAN start an online business in your spare time. It's harder because you're short of time – but on the other hand you may already have the security of an income, and be able divert some of that into paid resources / training to work smart rather than hard.
Follow my progress, on this blog, and I'll tell you what has and hasn't worked for me, so you can avoid my mistakes.
Whatever your industry, the skills I have learned in a lifetime of self-employment and years of online business are transferable. So take advantage of my online experiences and training. If I don't know to do something – I have trusted colleagues to turn to for solutions and will be happy to point you in their direction.
Claim A Free Consultation
I have made more than my fair share of mistakes online; YOU needn't! For subscribers who request free information on the Internet Marketing topic that most interests you, I offer a free consultation / coaching call on your chosen topic:
- When taking any business online let me help you avoid the hurdles that tripped me up. I offer a 30 minute free consultation to get to know your needs. Learn more and contact me here.
- Any business can benefit from a well-maintained blog – we'll talk about the best way for YOU to have one. As a starter, check out my Book on Building a Blog
- OR – if you don't want to build a blog in the conventional manner, here's an alternative approach, using an ‘earn as you learn' training course, developed by a well-respected marketer who was already making a full-time income online when this blog was just a dream. Click here to take a free trial of his system.
What We Will Discuss
First we need to establish what type of online business you want to run. I have particular expertise in 3 areas:
- Affiliate Marketing
- Network Marketing
Blogging and list building are vital parts of both of these business models.
I have years of experience online – some of it good and some of it bad, so I want to pass some of that info on in a free half hour consultation with YOU.
While both of these are great models when done ethically, in the past, many people, including me, have had challenges.
Why am I offering a free consultation? Because I hate to see what can be a life-changing industries tarnished, when so many fail. Anything I can do to help reduce failure rates of online businesses will help the whole industry's reputation.
Choose Your Online Strategy
From bitter experience I know what makes a program good and if Network Marketing is NOT for you, we can discuss the Affiliate Marketing option. Best learn the pitfalls of both up front, before before wasting time and money going down a route where you could fail.
Contact me here to request your free consultation.Boost your online business with a free consultation Click To Tweet
Affiliate Marketing is where someone else produces or supplies the product you sell, and you take a share of the profit for any sales you make. Digital products are excellent for any small entrepreneur because there's no need to buy, hold, ship stock.
Affiliate marketing has been a route I tried for earning an extra income via digital products such as eBooks and training courses since I produced my own digital product (ebook) and realized exactly how much time and effort is involved in product creation – over and over again! So I decided to promote a professionally produced product where the main (and technical) work has been done for me, leaving me to concentrate on the promotion – which I would have to do for my own product in any case!
If you prefer the idea of a physical product, Network Marketing may be a good choice for you. There are many reputable product based MLM companies, it's just that product sales don't really suit my lifestyle.
I learned a lot about Affiliate Marketing, but my preference is still Network Marketing, where I feel you can make more money with help from the right team.
Whichever model you prefer, it's important to be realistic and choose the right business for your time and finance available and to realise that sales won't just happen automatically – you need to….
Whether you choose blogging and content marketing, affiliate marketing or network marketing, you will need to learn many Internet Marketing skills.
Rather than try to teach yourself (as a naively did), I really recommend that you invest in learning skills and take some professionally produced training from a reputable organization.
Check out the range of courses and skills I recommend for you to Learn Internet Marketing – click here.
Network Marketing – Choosing A Company
It's not for everybody, but Network Marketing has been the model that's produced me the best returns over time – mainly because my online business is part-time, and I'm not good with technical stuff, so I like a “Done For You” business.
Perhaps you, like me, have joined Network Marketing (MLM) companies in the past. In some I have been very successful, but – being honest – I failed with the majority of them. This wasn't because the products were bad, it was, quite simply that they didn't fit into the time I had available. Nor did product-based MLM match my personality, as I'm not a sales-person. And however much “they” say that there's no selling required – there is.
Furthermore, most of the people I introduced had the same problems, so any team I built evaporated as soon as they discovered that the company wasn't the “hoped for” fast route to riches.
I had given up on the idea of future success with a multi-level business – which was a shame, because in its purest form, network marketing is a superb, low-risk way to start a home business, part-time or full-time.
Retirement Savings Plan
Then in my hunt for an ‘alternative' retirement savings plan, a colleague from a previously successful MLM introduced me to a Private Members Club that solved all the problems I'd found with network marketing before because (a) there no monthly sales targets to meet (b) recruiting is completely optional, so it fits perfectly alongside my other family and business commitments.
The club offers a low-risk way to spread a small amount of money each month over start-up companies that need funding. When we say “start-up” most of them (see partial list alongside) are already trading profitably, way beyond the dreams of most online entrepreneurs.
Imagine how comfortable financially you'd be if you'd had an early stake in Uber, or Amazon, or Facebook. You probably didn't and I certainly didn't.
But with this club I can take small stakes in the companies alongside, and several others. After just two months I have been allocated (and bought) shares in 10 start-ups and in December 2019 they are valued at just over 1,000 Euros.
It's unlikely that any of “my” companies will grow to match the likes of Amazon – but who knows? Some are already extremely profitable and poised for stock market launch, or take-over.
My risk is minimised because of the wide spread of businesses, and because the club is involved in the companies' day-to-day management.
Originally I had no intention of promoting the club, I just saw it as a way to save in an alternative way (i.e. better returns than letting the bank erode my spare cash with pathetic interest rates). But when I saw how easy my upline had made it for me, with free “done-for-you” videos and follow-ups, I decided it was too good not to share.
To learn how the mega wealthy make their money, and your low risk opportunity for a small slice of the action, click here. Take a free trial to look round the club and see the quality of the companies involved. It costs nothing to look.
So that's all about my businesses.
Joy Healey – Author
From my earliest years I have always enjoyed writing, and once had ambitions to become an author. Of course that was firmly stamped out of me with warnings about how hard it would be. And I guess in “the bad old days” it was probably the right advice.
Here are some of my early experiences….
- In junior school I won the “Cadbury Essay Prize” and received a stack of Cadbury's chocolate bars almost as tall as I was. Wish I had a photo, but that was in the days when a roll of film was a luxury item and not likely to be on hand for an unexpected prize winner.
- My first fiction stories were published when I was just 12 years old! A friend of my Dad's was a publisher and needed some content written for children's books he was publishing. So for the enormous sum of £25, I hammered out 6 stories on Mum's typewriter.
- In secondary school I won another prize for essay writing – “Journey Through The Night”. This was a true life journey which went badly wrong at Doncaster Station. It wouldn't be scary now, but when you're 14, it's a different story.
- More mundanely I wrote software documentation for several packages that probably no longer exist!
- In more recent years I was sub-editor and contributor to “The Nutrition Practitioner” – a peer reviewed journal for nutritionists.
Joy Healey on Amazon
In November 2019 I achieved my goal to become a published author on Amazon with my book “Grow Your Business: A crash course in online marketing“. It's on special offer at the moment, and if you have Kindle Unlimited you can even read it free.
The book will help you if you are a small business wanting to develop your online presence on minimum budget. But time will be needed to implement the strategies.
This is most relevant to conventional, established businesses, rather than those looking to ‘Work from home'. While it's possible to earn a full-time income blogging, my friend Ryan Biddulph has done it by publishing thousands of articles and many blogging ebooks on Amazon.
Happy to discuss with you which is most suitable for your business.
Below is a little about “me”, the person behind (or in front of!) the business.
My Story Started A Long Time Ago…
My business story, that is! It's too long a story to tell in full, but here are the main milestones:
- I have been self-employed in the Information Technology industry for over 30 years now, as director of a software development company which, to this day, supports clients with bespoke software.
- My very first software client is still a happy customer, and that business runs along well without too much intervention – leaving me to pursue other interests, one of which was complementary therapy, and – in particular – migraine.
- I got so fascinated by all the different ways to prevent and treat migraine that I wrote an eBook on the subject – and decided to sell it online – like you do, before you realize “It's not as easy as that!”
Several Headaches Later……
To cut a VERY long story short, selling my complementary health eBook online wasn't the “walk in the park” I imagined it would be, even with all my years in the computer industry! But I did it, because I'm such a glutton for punishment.
After this experience I decided to concentrate on “done-for-you” businesses because – to be completely honest – even when I'd “put my all” into producing the eBook, there were far better ones available!
If I had realized the importance of investing in training, I would have got started online faster instead of “teaching myself”.
- During my “fight to get online” I made so many mistakes I still can't believe I didn't just “give up”. But I'm far too stubborn for that… and I learned such a lot.
- I'm still learning, because the best Internet Marketers agree that, as in life, if you stop learning, you slip backwards.
- Of course it's easier for me now, because over the years I have built up a network of trusted colleagues that I can turn to for help.
- Over the years I am proud to have been featured on these other blogs.
Joy Healey The Offline Person!
That was “Joy Healey the business-person”, now I'd like to introduce you to “the real Joy Healey”.
- In 2018 I moved from the suburbs of London to the beautiful city of Norwich, UK and have two sons, two grand-daughters and three grand-dogs Bailey (shown on on the left), Bella and Dog-Dog.
- My elder son, Russ, is the computing genius who helps my business by rescuing me when technology gets the better of me – all too often! He has an IT degree and worked for 7 years as a network support engineer for a major international company until redundancy struck. He is now pursuing his own business, and supporting mine!
- My younger son, Matt, has a successful property business. He keeps my house comfortable, looking just the way I want it – and in good repair.
- I'm blessed that they both have lovely ladies who let me share in their lives.
- I also have two beautiful grand-daughters (right)
- In my personal life I'm a confirmed workaholic, but very undomesticated round the house.
- I enjoy good food, good wine and….. CHOCOLATE!
- In my state of semi-retirement, I'm a member of the Norwich University of the Third Age described as “for people no longer in full time employment”. We have courses in Arts, Music, Current Events, Psychology, Languages, Yoga, Maths and even Computing for Beginners. Russ sometimes threatens to enrol me for that one!
- My other hobbies are Line-dancing, which is great fun. Our brand of line-dancing isn't “yee-hah” with thumbs in belts. We go for a “sparkly” style which is much more fun. I enjoy getting dressed up in my glitz and it's exercise for my body and mind
- I love reading – crime fiction mostly
So there's a whirlwind tour of my life and “out-of-working-hours” interests to date. No wonder I hardly ever get to bed before 2am. You can usually find me “Blogging After Dark“.
Before you go, remember to contact me and suggest convenient times for your free half hour consultation. Talk soon!