While some people enjoy blogging for pleasure, most of my readers are also using their blog for promotional purposes – and after just a few weeks they will start wondering how to attract an audience for their articles.
Eventually you may decide you need to use paid traffic, but in the early days, while you’re building your blog content, here are some tried and tested methods presented in the form of an infographic.
There’s not a lot I can add to such a comprehensive source of statistics!
Except just to remind you that your “actions to focus on” – as I see them are:
- Mobile Marketing – is your blog theme responsive? (Ready to view on tablets and mobile phones)
- Email – are you building your list consistently? This should be your number one focus from day one of your business.
- Search Engine Optimization – Although you need to bear this in mind, write for human readers rather than search engines. If you write for search engines the danger is that your writing will ready badly and any human readers will quickly leave. The search engines won’t love you either!
- Blogging – This will bring visitors in time, but be prepared for a wait. If people are kind enough to comment on your post, reply to them and return the compliment by checking out their post.
- Guest Blogging – Excellent way to find new readers.
- Video Marketing – Search engines, and readers, like videos. Your visitors will probably stay on your blog longer to watch the videos – which is a factor which will improve your status in Google’s eyes (allegedly!) They may enjoy the video so much that they share it. This is something I’ve not been good at – but it occurs to me that I can use videos from YouTube – so watch out for some personal favorites over the weeks to some.
Which of these activities have you found most helpful?
Are there any you’d like to share? Please feel free to add your comments and suggestions below.
Latest posts by Joy (see all)
- Thanks To My Comment Authors In July 2015 - August 1, 2015
- Review of Oktopost Social Media Management Platform - July 27, 2015
- Do Gimmicks Trump Product Value? - July 19, 2015