Here are some entrepreneur statistics for 2021 to inspire you if you are thinking of starting a business in 2021.
Arguably one of the most desirable professions there is, entrepreneurship is more popular now than ever. During the pandemic, many individuals took it as the opportunity to explore new business endeavors and meet the demands of the post-pandemic world. Americans are rapidly starting businesses and monetizing their passions, so it would be no surprise that it was something you’re considering. In this article, we’ll take a look at entrepreneur statistics to motivate and inspire you.
Small Business Statistics
Small businesses were greatly impacted by COVID-19, however there is still a significant desire to continue fighting for a long-lasting business. Here are some inspiring statistics if you are or want to be a small business owner.
- 74% of small and medium business owners are willing to take big risks to ensure success.
- 78% of small business owners report career satisfaction.
- 16 million Americans are full-time self-employed.
You may be wondering who can become an entrepreneur, and the answer is everyone. If you’re on the fence about whether or not to start your own business, read these demographic statistics on entrepreneurs.
- 66% of entrepreneurs are male while 31% are female.
- Only 56% of entrepreneurs held a college degree in 2019.
- 20% of all American businesses are owned by people of color.
Female Entrepreneur Statistics
Although 31% of entrepreneurs are female, that number is increasing as time goes on. These female entrepreneur statistics will hopefully sway any potential women with a business idea to go for it.
- Women-owned businesses skyrocketed from 5% in 1972 to 42% in 2019.
- Hispanic and Latina women owned 18% of all women-owned businesses in 2019.
- Women of color own 50% of all female-owned businesses in the U.S. in addition to generating 23% of their total revenue.
Entrepreneurship Amidst COVID-19
The pandemic has had an impact on all businesses, especially those run by entrepreneurs. Entrepreneurship statistics during COVID-19 showed that businesses won’t go down without a fight.
- 49% of business owners said they were confident in the post-pandemic future of small business.
- 1 in 8 startups saw their revenue increase since the beginning of COVID-10, mainly in B2C companies.
- 78% of business owners expect to survive the pandemic.
The past year left many of us to our devices and consequently, you may have a new idea or skill you’d like to put to the test. We hope this article will motivate you to consider entrepreneurship as a career path. For more information on why you should become an entrepreneur, check out the following infographic.
Thanks to http://www.thimble.com/blog/entrepreneur-statistics for this graphic