What Is Affiliate Marketing?
Affiliate marketing is a great way to start an online business with minimal risk.
The stages are:
- Choose a niche – popular niches are Health and Weight Loss, Wealth (and Making Money), Romance, Pets, Hobbies
- You may even be advised to find an sub-niche, if your product has wide appeal. For instance not just “Dogs”, but “Puppy training for spaniels” so that you can better target your clients
- Find a product in that niche – make sure your product author will give you plenty of promotional materials to help you make sales. One of the stumbling block for many would-be entrepreneurs is that they can't produce good promotional banners, videos, squeeze pages, marketing copy
- Join as a affiliate – this will probably be free
- Receive a personalized link to promote the product
- Drive targeted traffic to your offer
- Acquire a lead / sale. Be sure to capture the prospect's contact details in your OWN contact data-base in case they don't buy the product first time. If you have their details you can then follow up with the same product again – or perhaps they would respond better to a similar offer?
- For this you will need an auto-responder.
- Receive your payment!
- Rinse and repeat – with a different product
What is the best type of product?
The auto-responder I use is the perfect example of an affiliate marketing product, because it's an essential service to any online marketer and bills a monthly fee. Once your customer has built a list using his / her auto-responder they are very unlikely to leave. It's just too much hassle.
So, if you chose a company that treats them right, you can have a customer for life.
Just a few regular monthly customers can mount up to a very nice repeat commission check, all for work you did once that pays you over and over again. Click here to learn more.