How To Earn Higher Affiliate Commissions
A few months ago I explained why I prefer affiliate marketing to product creation, and nothing has shaken me from that decision, because it is a way to earn higher affiliate commissions.
A further reason was that any business I promote must be easy to automate – so that those I introduce to it have a better chance of duplicating the process.
This video summarises the reasons:
- YOU may have the skills and time to produce a high quality product – I congratulate you. Go market it 🙂
- I have neither the time nor the skills.
- And I certainly don’t have the funds to “buy in” someone to produce a product of the quality I would be prepared to put my name to.
Putting A Price To Quality
Like most of my readers will have done, I purchased and evaluated many affiliate products over the years.
- Some were so cheap and nasty I’d be ashamed to even give them away
- Others have been such amazing value I know I couldn’t produce something of the same quality
- Why should my readers have to settle for something in-between, when I can instead recommend top quality?
I’m happy to produce a quick free ebook as a lead magnet, like the one you’ll find in the sidebar, but I’d need to spend many, many hours creating a paid product I’d be proud to put my name to.
So having removed product creation from my “to-do” list, the next step was to find and test some top quality affiliate products.
Problems Of Affiliate Marketing
Finding high quality affiliate products wasn’t difficult – another reason why I don’t feel the urge to create my own. But there are a few pitfalls for the unwary:
- If a prospect didn’t buy on the first viewing, I proved (by careful testing) that a later sale would often go direct to the product creator
- Often if one of my clients made a further “back-end” purchase, the sale didn’t come to me, but to the product creator
- Commissions on some purchases made by trusted contacts never even arrived with me. I just gave up arguing with the product creator in the end, it got too embarrassing
- Most of the commissions were tiny – nowhere near enough to generate a decent monthly income for the average affiliate marketer without a huge list of contacts following him / her round
- It’s hard to compete with mega-marketers’ bonuses when so many of your prospects are already on their lists
The simple maths are that to earn (say) $3,000 a month, your goal can be to earn 3 commissions of $1,000 each, OR 300 sales at $10 – OR even 30 x $100 commissions?
How close were you to making 30 sales last month? I was a long way short 🙁
I concluded that I needed to earn higher affiliate commissions.
How To Earn Higher Affiliate Commissions
There are several high ticket commission programs, and I researched a few before making my final selection.
Most that I looked at lead with a low priced training product and then have progressive up-sells to higher value products from the same “stable” for those who climb the ladder.
There are no free lunches with any affiliate marketing business so there are varying amounts of work to be done with these “high ticket programs”.
Make sure you pick one that matches the time you can spend on it.
iPro – Internet Profit Partners
The one I looked at most closely was iPro, where “Platinum Partners” earn 90% commissions. It’s an excellent program, but proved rather more hands-on in creating marketing materials than I had expected.
Creating “marketing materials” is the part of affiliate marketing that I find most difficult and least enjoyable. I just don’t “think like that”. There are “done for you” options higher up the pricing rung.
Some people are doing very well with iPro, so if you want a thorough grounding in Internet Marketing – right from creating your own blog upwards, this could be the option for you.
For more information on iPro Platinum, please contact me and I’ll get info to you.
This program appealed to me as being a simpler program to get started with.
On top of the extensive Exitus Elite products library, there are some amazing marketing materials to help the average member start making sales earlier than you would when you first have to learn how to produce your own squeeze pages and autoresponder messages.
Check the tabs at the top to choose between Basics and Advanced products.
There is training in the product library for those who want to create their own marketing materials, but when starting out, it’s my experience that newcomers really just want to get going with ready-made materials, and have the option to produce their own when they’ve had chance to learn the basics.
That’s certainly one of the features that attracted me most.
Criticisms of Exitus Elite – Answered!
Here are some of the criticisms I have heard, and my answers:
- The standard program doesn’t have bespoke (as opposed to standard / ready made) squeeze pages – experienced marketers can make their own and / or follow the training to do so, meantime those supplied as standard are VERY professional
- Your earnings ceiling is lower than with other high-ticket programs – but so is your start-up cost
- You pass-up the earnings from your first sale to your sponsor – but after that you earn 100% commission – see also the revised plan for the Basics package where you can start earning faster
- It doesn’t have a monthly income option – many people drop out of monthly programs. You earn your commission all at once and can add your own monthly program if you want to
- Exitus has a $300 annual fee – this is ALL the company earns, so it’s their incentive to keep you happy and willing to pay next year
Why I Chose Exitus Elite
The features of the program that appealed most to me are:
- Flat price – no up-sells where your sponsor earns more than you because you couldn’t afford to upgrade
- The flat price compares very favorably with the lower levels of other high-ticket programs
- You earn high affiliate commissions (100%) so when you make a sale you notice it
- Much as I hate to admit it, not everyone wants to be a blogger – with Exitus you don’t have to be – but, of course, you can be!
- I am part of a really supportive Facebook group, dedicated to helping all team members get into profit
You can learn more about Exitus Elite here, and see for yourself the automation process included as standard.
Changes With Exitus Elite
Sadly I managed to join just before Exitus decided to do not ONE but TWO major revamps of their plans and I was so confused that I stopped promoting it until they got their act together. I had no idea what I was selling, or when it would be ready.
Update: As of December 2016 there are signs that Exitus Elite is back on course, so I’m recommending it again for people who want a program of digital training products, although my own marketing efforts have moved instead to TPS (The Perfect Solution) free ecommerce stores.
What’s Been Your Experience Of Affiliate Marketing?
I’d love to hear your experiences with affiliate marketing. Please share them in the comments below.